Vegetation management is a critical piece of wildfire mitigation.
The type, density, and location of vegetation can have a huge impact on your home's vulnerability to wildfire.
Where do I start?
The best way to start mitigation is by understanding the Home Ignition Zones. This can help you prioritize where work needs to be done. Other helpful tools are listed below:
- Residents of Aspen Fire Protection District can check AFPD's Wildfire Risk Map for their area and structure's wildfire risk.
- Residents of Aspen Fire Protection District can also request a free wildfire mitigation assessment.
- Click HERE for a list of Pitkin County Wildfire Mitigation Specialists
The following list of vegetation management contractors, in no particular order, may be able to help you achieve your home ignition zone goals.
- SavATree (Formerly Aspen Tree Service)
- Western Vegetation Management
- Aspen Home Improvement
- Peak Tree Works
Please note: This list is neither an endorsement for nor an exhaustive list of local contractors. Please do your own research to make sure the contractor you select has the appropriate certifications, equipment, and insurance for your project.
If you are a contractor in the Aspen Fire Protection District area and would like to be added to this list, please reach out to Ali.Hammond@AspenFire.com.