HOME  /  ABOUT US  /  FIRE MARSHAL'S OFFICE  /  VOLUNTEER DEPARTMENT  /  LINKS  /  CONTACT

home

I want to: 
 

Our web site features three main areas.  Under About Us, we discuss our mission, give an overview of our services and also offer images and video as well as historical information about the department.  The Fire Marshal's Office section includes useful forms for requesting fire inspections, address changes, and burn permits.  You'll also find useful safety information about fire in general, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors and evacuation procedures.  Finally, our Volunteer Department section contains information pertinent to volunteers, including a training calendar.

aspen fire building

Fire News

fire_facts

 
 

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless, colorless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely. In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel are possible sources of CO. Vehicles or generators running in an attached garage can also produce dangerous levels of CO. However, consumers can protect themselves against CO poisoning by properly installing, using, venting, and maintaining their heating and cooking equipment; by installing CO alarms inside their homes; and by being cautious with vehicles or generators in attached garages.

 

What is the effect of

exposure to CO?

CO is poisonous and can kill cells of the body. CO also replaces oxygen in the bloodstream, leading to suffocation. Mild effects feel like the flu, while severe effects include difficulty breathing and

even death.





Custom website design by Blue Tent Marketing.