Complete the attached application. Fireworks and Pyrotechnic Special Effects shall be used in accord with Section 3308, Fireworks Display, 2009 International Fire Code and local amendments.
Attach the following documents:
- A scaled site plan to include property lines, adjacent buildings, roadways, fire department access and water supplies, any flammable vegetation, any other above-ground features or utilities, viewing areas, display storage areas, defined debris drop zones, and firing location(s). All distances between the display firing site and public viewing areas shall comply with Section 3308 of the 2009 International Fire Code. Exception may be made, if approved by the Fire Code Official, as per Section 3308, 2009 Int’l Fire Code.
- Written authorization from the display site property owner acknowledging the event and the use of pyrotechnics/fireworks.
- Written transportation plan to include routes used within the fire district, and an acceptable storage site, if required. No unattended truck storage of explosives will be permitted.
- Copy of the contract between the fireworks contractor and the sponsor.
- Certificate of insurance to include the following:
- General liability limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage with at least $2,000,000 general aggregate. Contractual liability must be included.
- Automobile limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage with no aggregate.
Statutory workers’ compensation limits including employer’s liability limits of $500,000.Umbrella liability limits of $2,000,000.
- Pitkin County, the City of Aspen, the sponsoring party, the Aspen Volunteer Fire Department, and the Aspen Fire Protection District must be named as additionally insured on all liability policies.
- The certificate must specifically mention the Hold Harmless Contract (attached).
- An executed Hold Harmless agreement in favor of Pitkin County, the City of Aspen, the sponsoring party or organization, the Aspen Volunteer Fire Department, and the Aspen Fire Protection District signed by the fireworks contractor.
Submit the application and documents no later than 30 (thirty) days before the scheduled event to the Aspen Fire Protection District Office, 420 E. Hopkins Ave., Aspen, Colorado 81611 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the day of the event, notify Communications (Dispatch) before starting the pyrotechnic display, and again at the conclusion of the display at 970-920-5310.Fireworks Permit